Main Article Content
Arsenic is a poisoning metallic element, in which trivalent inorganic arsenic compounds are considered unique. Children can be exposed from arsenic containing water, food and folk remedies with unclear ingredients . The main toxic mechanism of As3+ is inhibition of the pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) complex, which leads to decrease in acetyl-CoA production, decrease in cellular respiration and free oxygen radical (0-) and hydrogen peroxide (H202) are born, which make cytotoxic. Arsenic poisoning causes damage to multiple organs: keratosis of the skin, nail and squamous cell cancer, neuropathy, repolarization of the myocardium, liver damage and subsequent sequelaes , . Arsenic poisoning has no specific symptoms, so it is easy to overlook, especially in children . The epidemiological exploitation and history of poisoning drugs are very important to avoid missing arsenic poisoning. We report a case of successfully treated arsenic poisoning at the Vietnam National Children’s Hospital.
Các tài liệu tham khảo
2. Bose AJC. và Guha D. Diagnosis and treatment of chronic arsenic poisoning 2000:35-45.
3. Baker BA, Cassano VA, Murray C. Arsenic Exposure, Assessment, Toxicity, Diagnosis, and Management. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2018;60(12):e634–e639. doi: https://10.1097/JOM.0000000000001485.
4. Drolet B, Simard C, Roden DM. Unusual Effects of a QT-Prolonging Drug, Arsenic Trioxide, on Cardiac Potassium Currents. Circulation 2004;109(1):26–29. doi: https://10.1161/01.CIR.0000109484.00668.CE. Epub 2003 Dec 22.
5. Wang CH, Chen CL, Hsiao CK et al. Increased risk of QT prolongation associated with atherosclerotic diseases in arseniasis-endemic area in southwestern coast of Taiwan. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2009;239(3):320–324. doi: https://10.1016/j.taap.2009.06.017.
6. Fincher RE, Koerker RM. Long-Term Survival in Acute Arsenic Encephalopathy 1987;82:549–552. doi: https://10.1016/0002-9343(87)90460-8.
7. Caussy, Deoraj. A Field Guide for Detection, management and surveillance of arsenicosis in South-East Asia region. World Heal Organ Reg Off South-East Asia 2006;(32):45.
8. Kosnett MJ. The Role of Chelation in the Treatment of Arsenic and Mercury Poisoning. J Med Toxicol 2013; 9(4):347–354. doi: https://10.1007/s13181-013-0344-5.